Best Carrot Cake Ever
A moist and flavorful recipe that makes a large quantity of cake. I have been hounded to make this cake time and time again.
- 6 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar.
- Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 10 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in the pineapple.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed.
- Finally stir in the carrot mixture and the walnuts.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.