- 3 lb baby back ribs 2 slabs
- 2 sliced onions
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
Rib rub (optional):
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 ⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Barbecue sauce :
- 1 ⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 ⁄2 cup chili sauce or additional barbecue sauce
- 1 ⁄4 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Mix the Rub Rub ingredients together if using.
- Remove the white membrane from the back side of the ribs (the side with less meat). It should come off easily. Tap the ribs dry and check for small bone splinters or chunks
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper or sprinkle liberally with the rub and massage into the ribs.
- Place the ribs on a foil-lined tray, meat side down, and top with sliced onion and garlic.
- Cover and seal with another piece of aluminum foil.
- Cook ribs for 2 hours. Carefully open the corner of the sealed foil and remove a small piece of meat to ensure the ribs are tender. If not, cook another 20-30 minutes and check again.
- Meanwhile, combine the BBQ rib sauce ingredients together.
- Remove the ribs and discard the juices, onions and garlic. Brush the ribs with olive oil and brush generously with barbecue sauce
- Grill or broil over medium high heat 5-10 minutes or until