200ml warm milk
60g of sugar
4g of salt
7g dry yeast
500g all purpose flour
12 pieces of dark chocolate
I beaten egg
1. Beat warm milk with sugar, eggs, salt, and melted butter.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the flour with dry yeast.
3.Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of liquids and knead to make a smooth, slightly sticky dough.
4. Shape the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour.
5. Divide the dough into 12 portions and roll each into a ball. Set aside for 30 minutes.
6. Using the palm of your hand, flatten the dough into a disk, place a piece of chocolate in the middle and pinch the edges to form a ball.
7. Arrange 12 scones on a 20x20cm square baking sheet, then set aside for 30 minutes.
8. Brush the buns with beaten egg and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
9. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C/350°F.