Butter Buttermilk Biscuits
Southern buttermilk biscuits are a classic comfort food that bring joy to any meal. The perfect biscuit should have a golden-brown exterior, a tender crumb, and a rich, buttery flavor. In this recipe, we will guide you through the process of creating delightful, flavorful, light, and airy Southern buttermilk biscuits that will leave your taste buds craving more.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
How To Make Butter Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir just until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently a few times. Pat the dough out into a 1-inch thick rectangle. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out as many biscuits as you can and place them on a baking sheet. Gather the scraps and pat them out again, cutting out additional biscuits until all the dough has been used.
- Bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Serve warm.