Steak and Shrimp Stir Fry
Steak and Shrimp Stir Fry is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that combines the rich flavors of steak and succulent shrimp with fresh vegetables and a savory sauce. This dish is a great way to incorporate protein and vegetables into your diet in a flavorful and satisfying way. The combination of tender slices of steak, juicy shrimp, and crisp bell peppers and onions make for a perfect balance of textures and flavors in every bite. This recipe is also very adaptable and can be customized to your liking by adding or substituting vegetables, adjusting the amount of sauce, or serving it with your preferred side dish. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a special dinner for guests, this Steak and Shrimp Stir Fry is sure to impress!
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced thinly
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup of water until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the sliced steak and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil to the wok. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until pink and cooked through. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add the sliced red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and ginger to the wok. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Return the cooked steak and shrimp to the wok. Pour in the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and coated the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot with rice or noodles.