Posted on August 20, 2023
Certainly, I’d be happy to help you with potato soup! Potato soup is a comforting and versatile dish that can be made in various ways. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
Creamy Potato Soup Recipe:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: grated cheese, chopped chives, bacon bits
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot. Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth, making sure the potatoes are covered. If needed, you can add a bit of water to ensure the potatoes are submerged.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let the potatoes cook until they are tender. This should take around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, use an immersion blender to partially blend the soup. This will create a creamy base while still leaving some chunks of potatoes for texture. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer a portion of the soup to a regular blender and blend until smooth, then return it to the pot.
- Pour in the milk or heavy cream and stir well to combine. Allow the soup to heat through without bringing it to a boil.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Remember to taste as you go and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Serve the potato soup hot. You can garnish it with grated cheese, chopped chives, bacon bits, or any other toppings you prefer.
This is a basic recipe, and you can definitely get creative by adding other ingredients like leeks, carrots, celery, or herbs to enhance the flavor. Enjoy your homemade potato soup!