2.75 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted
1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips (10 ounces)
1.5 cups of granulated sugar
1 cup of softened butter
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
For cinnamon sugar mixture:
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sifted all-purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, cream together the softened butter or margarine and granulated sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar for the cinnamon sugar mixture.
8. Shape the dough into balls and roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
9. Place the coated dough balls on a baking sheet, leaving space between them.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden but the centers are still slightly soft.
11. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.