In today’s digital age, it’s not uncommon to find mobile devices like phones and tablets being charged overnight to ensure they’re fully powered for the day ahead. However, a seemingly innocent habit has come under scrutiny, as firefighters and safety experts warn about the potential dangers of charging these devices in one specific place: under your pillow or on your bed.
A recent post by the Newton New Hampshire Fire Department on Facebook has shed light on a concerning statistic: a whopping 53% of children and teenagers charge their phones or tablets either on their beds or under their pillows. This seemingly harmless act might raise eyebrows, but it’s crucial to understand the hidden risks associated with this seemingly convenient practice.
NEWTON NH FIRE DEPARTMENT
The primary concern stems from the heat generated during the charging process. When a device is plugged in and actively charging, it generates heat as a natural byproduct. Under normal circumstances, this heat dissipates into the surrounding air without issue. However, when a device is placed on a soft surface like a bed or under a pillow, the heat’s ability to disperse becomes severely compromised.
Please Head On keep on Reading (>)